Thursday, December 23, 2010

Catching up with pictures


A little over a month ago, Erik and I (mostly me since I do the laundry) were getting fed up with Kayleigh having accidents at nap time. She has a door from her bedroom to the bathroom, and Erik and I had both told her that it would be fine if she went in there. After being completely fed up with it, Erik and I came up with a treat chart for her. We told Kayleigh that for each week she went without an accident, she could get a small treat. At the end of 4 weeks, she could have a big party. Kayleigh wanted to name the chart "Kayleigh's ACCIDENT treat chart". I heard her say "Kayleigh's EXCELLENT treat chart". Oops! Anyway, for her treats, we made cookies, cupcakes, got ice cream, and then the big party was a smoothie/movie party.



After grocery shopping on Monday, I was trying to put everything away, and Brian thought he found the coolest new seat, ever! It took awhile for me to get him to move. I think I pulled him away by bribing him with food. Works every time!



Kayleigh has said she wants two things from Santa. One, a Dora pillow like her cousin, Taylor and two, a sound machine like Brian has. Santa came a little early in the form of Jenna, and Kayleigh got the first thing on her list. Jenna had the fabric already, and even though she had other plans for it, she changed to make Kayleigh's day. She gave it to Kayleigh yesterday, and Kayleigh was so excited to get it on her bed last night! Jenna also made another pillowcase dress and a small, travel pillow. As soon as it warms up again, I have big plans to get Kayleigh in the dress. It's super cute!



Okay, this last thing is hard to explain, but some of you will get it, and others will have to wait until you see Brian again to truly understand. When I was little and would get mad, Mom always said the worst thing I could do to someone is breathe really hard at them. Brian does the same breathing thing, but he just does it randomly, mostly when he's being silly. This picture is to show what he looks like when he does it. It cracks me up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lisa, that face Brian is making is you to a "T". I was glad that was the worst thing you'd do when you got mad. Great pictures - as always!!

Loving Mommyhood said...

Love Brian's face. Classic.