Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tickled pink

We are so excited to announce that we are having another girl!  Kayleigh is excited, but Brian is a little disappointed.  He says that he's excited to have a baby, but he also wants a boy.  I keep saying he'll be glad he doesn't have to share a room.  It would be nice for him to have a little brother since they would be closer in age, but we are just happy that the baby is healthy.
We had a great ultrasound.  She was covering her face, so we didn't get a great look at it.  That means that when I go for my next appointment I'll get another ultrasound.  The technician needs to see her face and have another look at her heart.  We could see all of the chambers of her heart, and it was beating at a smooth 140 beats per minute, but since I am not quite 18 weeks, the technician wants to see it again.  I think she can get a better picture of it if it's a little bigger.  Everything else looks healthy.  We saw 10 fingers and 10 toes.
I'll post an ultrasound picture after my next appointment.  Because of the baby's position, we didn't get any good profile pictures.  Hopefully she'll be more cooperative next time!

No comments: