Friday, July 8, 2011

Jacksonville visit

I brought the kids over to Jacksonville on Tuesday for some fun time with Valerie and family. When we got here Tuesday afternoon, Robbie needed a bottle. I was feeding him for a little bit when he got some formula on his chin. I asked Brian to get the burp cloth for me and I wiped his face. Brian thought it looked like fun. He wanted to be the one giving Robbie his bottle and wiping his face. So, Brian would let Robbie drink for about 2 seconds, and then take the bottle out and wipe his face. It was very sweet to watch, but very frustrating for Robbie who wanted more milk than he was being given!

On Wednesday we went to the beach for awhile. The waves were huge, so we didn't really get to go in the water. Luckily, we could at least get wet playing on the shoreline. The water was really cold, so I'm kind of glad I didn't have to take the kids too far in the water. I was also glad that I didn't have to keep track of two kids in the water. I was a little nervous about that!
On Thursday we took the kids to a state park that had a water play area. Kayleigh really liked it, and Brian was into it for a little while. It had a bunch of fountains and things that would squirt at you. It was a lot of fun, and the kids got to be outside without being too hot.


On Thursday night after dinner at a pizza place, I gave my kids a bath while Valerie fed Robbie. Kayleigh and Brian wanted to see Robbie in the tub when it was his turn, and Matt got this picture.

Kayleigh also decided on Thursday night that she wanted to sleep on the floor under Matt's desk. (It's in the guest room where we stayed.) I told her she could try and she actually slept all night under there!

Here are a few other pictures from our time in Jacksonville:

No comments: