Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pantene Beautiful Lengths

Kayleigh has been talking about cutting her hair for a long time now and I finally decided to give in. I never even told her that her cousin, Taylor, had cut her hair, but she came up with the idea anyway. I was afraid that as soon as I told her about Taylor's haircut, she would want one, too.
I was going to take Kayleigh to the salon tomorrow, but after checking out their website this morning (thankfully) I found out that they are closed tomorrow. So, we skipped the library and headed out for her cut. The lady was super nice, and super fast. I almost didn't get any pictures of her cutting Kayleigh's ponytail, she was so fast! Overall, I'm happy with the cut, but I am sad to not see all of that blonde hair that Kayleigh grew for so long.
Kayleigh had told me before that she would grow her hair long again for me if I would let her cut it. In the car on the way home, she said that she didn't want her hair to grow. I ask, "I thought you said you would grow it long again?" To which she replied, "I just said that to make you happy." Now I'm really sad!
And, in case you're wondering, we are donating her hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, the same company I donated my hair to last summer. They require 8 inches, but Kayleigh had about 9 1/2" in her ponytail. We'll go to the post office tomorrow and send it away.

3 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

Love the hair cut! I can't believe she's already telling you what you want to hear. That girl is too smart for her own good!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. It is cute though. Wait - you wanted to hear that she wanted it cut?? Where did I go wrong?

Ali said...

Aww, she looks adorable and a little older too!