Friday, March 30, 2012

Hot air balloon!

Yesterday, Brian and I were at home while Kayleigh was at school, and while I was doing something in the dining room, I kept hearing a wooshing sound.  At first I thought it was the washing machine, so I went out to the garage to listen for the sound again, but didn't hear anything.  Then, I figured it must have been the neighbors pressure washing outside (they've been doing that recently).  I kept looking around to see if I could see someone working, but no one was outside.  I tried not to worry about it, and a few minutes later I saw the mail lady dropping off some mail.  I went outside to get it, and when I turned to come back in, I saw a hot air balloon!  The wooshing was the fire to keep the balloon in the air.  I ran inside to get Brian and my camera.  At first Brian wasn't too keen on a huge balloon flying around our neighborhood, so we went inside.  We could see the balloon from our dining room window, and when Brian would see it above the tree line he would say, "Let's see the balloon!  Hurry Mom!  Let's go outside!"  We kept doing that until I guess the balloon landed, since eventually we didn't see it rise above the tree line.

After picking Kayleigh up and getting in the car at the end of her school day, she asked if we had seen a hot air balloon.  I thought maybe Brian had said something to her, but no.  One of her teachers saw it and let the kids go outside for a peek.  She said it was a different one, because the one Brian and I saw was rainbow colored, and Kayleigh said the one she saw was blue and white.  We hope that we'll get to see some more soon!

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

When are you going to take K and B in the hot air balloon for a ride?