Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Doctor's appointment

Let me start by saying that I am SO glad that Kayleigh is a well behaved child. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 4:15, and it was at least 5:30 before I saw the doctor. Ugh! Kayleigh did great, and the nurses and doctor LOVE to see her and talk to her! One of my favorite nurses saw us and came over to talk to Kayleigh.
Today was my second-to-last visit before Brian is born. I can't believe that the end is in sight, and thankfully these last few weeks have gone by quickly. The doctor measured my stomach, and even though I won't be 37 weeks until Thursday, I'm already measuring 40 weeks. I don't think that it means too much--I measured the same way when I was pregnant with Kayleigh. But, since I am big, the doctor asked if I would like to see how much the baby weighs at the next visit. Do you know what that means? Another ultrasound!! Woohoo!!! I think that will bring the grand total to 5 ultrasounds for this little one. Not quite as many as the 7 or 8 I had with Kayleigh, but still a fun number. I will be sad if we have a 3rd child and only get the regular 2 ultrasounds...So, next week at 1:30 I'll be at the doctor's office one last time getting an ultrasound and finishing up my last doctor's appointment.
Kayleigh is so looking forward to Grandma and Abuelo's visit, and I told her this morning that she can say that they'll be here in two weeks instead of 3. I also told her that Valerie and Matt would be here. Her reaction, "Everyone is coming to my house to see my new carpet and big girl room!" Yes, it's true that they will want to see them, too, and it's easier to tell her that they want to come up for that and give her some attention.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a BIG boy waiting to meet you! Anxious to hear their guess at his weight. Hope they aren't as far off as they were with Ronda. Do you know Ronda...

Matthew and Valerie said...

I don't know Brian, so I'm coming to see Kayleigh!

Jenna said...

Another ultrasound!? Crazy, but exciting.

Kelli said...

Aw. The time does fly doesn't it? This it he crunch time when you can get all the little loose ends done that you won't have time for when Brian gets here. Enjoy Kayleigh's naptime. I'm sure you'll get the two on a schedule where they're napping together so you have some sanity time. =)

Anonymous said...

Where is Mumble?

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Uh-oh, sounds like Kayleigh is in for a rude awakening! :)
And how is it that you get so many ultrasounds?
Your pregnancy has gone by fast...for me, at least. :)