Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Welcome Brian Oliver!




What a day! I'm exhausted, but so thrilled to have my baby boy! Sometimes I think he looks like Kayleigh in his mannerisms and how he's sleeping, but I'm not sure that their faces look alike. In case you don't know, Brian was born right at 8:00 this morning. He was a big 8 lbs 12 oz, and I have to tell you, I'm a little disappointed he didn't reach 9 pounds!
The only issue we're having today is with Brian's sugar levels. I guess it's common for bigger babies to have a hard time regulating their blood sugar. The poor boy has been pricked too many times to count! We have supplemented with formula and are praying that his levels will stay above 40. They have gone up and down today, and now the nurses are pricking him to check his sugar before each feeding.
We are going to do our best to get sleep tonight. Kayleigh is with my parents at our house. She's enjoying their attention, but has also liked meeting Brian and getting to hold him this afternoon.
I need to save more pictures on the computer and will get them up either later tonight (for those of you who might read this before another post) or tomorrow morning.
Thank you for all of your prayers! Please specifically pray for Brian's sugar levels, his upcoming circumcision, and my healing. I'll have to get out of bed tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. Please also pray for Kayleigh and her adjustment to our newest family member.

5 comments:

Ali said...

We are so happy for you guys. Congratulations on your beautiful little boy. He is precious. We are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers!

Matthew and Valerie said...

I think he looks a little like Kayleigh in the pictures that mom emailed. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a precious little bundle! Enjoy !

Kelli said...

Congrats Lisa, Eric and Kayleigh! He's a handsome little fella. Don't worry too much about his sugar levels. We had three big babies and they did the same thing to all three of ours. It's not fun to watch though!! Don't forget to ask for your heavy dose of medication tomorrow before you get out of bed or shower. I forgot and was in the worst pain. I cried the whole time I showered. The nurse said, "Oh, you didn't ask for pain medication." Go figure! Wasn't sure I had to ASK. Anyways, glad the delivery was safe and that he's a healthy baby and you're doing well.

Jenna said...

We can't wait to see him. I said he looks like a Villacampa! I wanted to come by today w/o the kids, but maybe (fingers crossed) you might be home late tomorrow. I will talk with your mom tomorrow and see how you are doing. Congrats and we will be praying...all around.