Monday, March 14, 2011

Gate River Run

We went to Jacksonville this weekend to visit with Valerie's family and run another race. Erik did a 15K, while Valerie, Matt and I did a 5K. We asked Mom and Dad to come up as babysitters, and I think that's what Mom did for most of the weekend! Kayleigh wanted to come to the race, so we got her up early and Dad stayed with her while we ran. I forgot my watch, so I don't know my exact time, which is disappointing. I also think that if I had had it, I would have run a little faster since I could see along the way how I was doing. Valerie and Matt walked/ran it together. Kayleigh and I met them for the last .1 mile and ran in with them. (I'm not sure if they liked that or not, but we did it anyway!) After they finished, we went to the 15K finish line to see Erik come through. We made it with just a couple of minutes to spare, and Erik ran faster than he had predicted, coming in at 1:11.31 The Gate River run is HUGE in Jacksonville with 17,000 people running it. Erik said it was a good race, except for the on/off ramp that he had to go up. He said that was really hard and a lot of people ended up walking it.
We did some van shopping in the afternoon, but weren't able to find anything that matched what we wanted. Oh well. The search continues...We left after dinner Saturday night to drive home since we had to help out at church Sunday morning. So, it was a quick weekend, but well worth it.
To see pictures, you'll have to hop over to Valerie's blog. I forgot my camera. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will babysit for food anytime. :)

Matthew and Valerie said...

I want it on the record that I said that you could wear my watch!! We had fun with everyone over.