Friday, March 26, 2010

Dyeing Easter Eggs



I thought this year would be a good year to start dyeing Easter eggs with Kayleigh. I got a very basic set from Walmart, because I knew she couldn't do too much this year. I hard boiled the eggs at lunch time, knowing that they would be ready to go after her nap. What I didn't anticipate was how boring it is just to sit and watch eggs change colors! Oh well. At least we had stickers to put on them!
After we were all done with the eggs, Kayleigh picked one off of the table while Erik and I weren't looking. "Look," she said, "I'm being careful!!" "Oh no, Kayleigh," was my reply, "put the egg back." CRACK!! Yep, that was the sound the egg made as it hit the floor. Oops! She was careful for a minute. We took the shell off and ate that egg. It's funny because usually Kayleigh will say that she doesn't like eggs, but she enjoyed this one.
If I was really smart and thought more ahead of time, I would have made dyeing the eggs a science lesson and would have double dipped more eggs to show Kayleigh how the two colors combine to make a new color. Hopefully I will think of that next year.

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

It looks like Kayleigh had a good time even if you had to wait a while for the eggs to dye. You have a pretty basket of Easter eggs.