Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seaside weekend



We all had a wonderful time in Seaside this weekend. I couldn't believe that it's been years since all of my siblings and I had been together in the same place, and all of a sudden it happened twice in the matter of months. Of course, Taylor and Kayleigh had a ball playing together. Thankfully, Nick and Robyn let Taylor stay up past bedtime on Friday so the girls could play for a little while before going to bed.
On Saturday, we went to the beach. I couldn't believe Kayleigh wanted to keep putting her hands and feet in the water. Last summer she decided she didn't like the ocean. Now that the water is freezing, she decides she can't get enough! Someone please tell me what's up with that girl! That afternoon, everyone wanted to see the town. The girls and Brian needed to take a nap, so I volunteered to have some quiet time and stay with them. I'm not sure how much Kayleigh slept, but when Taylor woke up to go potty, I knew naptime would be over for Kayleigh as well. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the two of them to go back to sleep in bed with me, but everyone came home and the noise (and seeing Robyn) overruled my plans for a nap.
Sunday was quite chilly in the morning, but I just knew it would end up being a perfect day. Sure enough, it was! I ended up setting a personal record for myself in the 5K, running it in 36:56. I beat all of my goals for the race: I ran the whole time, I ran faster than my goal of 38 minutes, I beat my dad, and I finished before any of the half marathoners did! My treat for the race (besides the Vera Bradley tote all of the runners got) was a huge shaved ice. It was delicious, and definitely hit the spot! I think next time I'll get it BEFORE I eat, so it's the first thing to hit my stomach.
Erik also ran an awesome race. He finished his half marathon in 1:45:31. He had wanted to break 1:50, and thought breaking 1:45 would be even better. He sure came close! I think he was pleased with his race overall.
After enjoying the awesome weather and hanging out for awhile, we knew we had to head back to our rental house and shower and clean up before leaving. Minus the Alabama bound folks, we all drove here and ate dinner before Valerie and Matt had to finish the last leg of their journey. Mom, Dad and Jonathan stayed at our house, and I'm not sure any of us were much company. It was a fun but tiring weekend, and we can't wait to do it again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that I missed you all in the post-race festivities. I truly missed Ms. Kaleigh and her pole dancing!!!
"Aunt" Anne

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Perfect weekend!

Loving Mommyhood said...

I am still impressed with your time. And I love B-man in Jack's bear suit. What a cutie?

Kelli said...

Man, that sounds like fun! I've always wanted to train for a marathon. I don't like running though, so that presents a problem. :) Did you train for this one, or just 'up and run it'? That's awesome Lisa. Congrats to all of you!

Oh yeah, the kids look pretty cute too!

Matthew and Valerie said...

I can't wait to do it next year!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Kelli--I definitely trained for the race. I don't like running, either. But, the races are fun, and it's cheap exercise--meaning you don't need to buy a lot of equi[ment.

Ali said...

Great job, both of you on your runs! Jarrod is just a little over a month away from his full marathon. Tell Erik it's still not too late if he changes his mind and wants to come run!!! Glad you had a great trip!