Monday, March 15, 2010

Website

I have to tell you that I have been tuned into http://phoebeallens.com since yesterday afternoon. It's a site about a hummingbird whose eggs are about to hatch. I, along with everyone else watching last night, thought at least one baby would come out last night, but when I went back this morning, both eggs are still there.
The person who started this site did it because this hummingbird kept coming back to their rose bush to lay her eggs. He/She has a webcam on the nest, and people from all over the world (at least as far as England and Colombia) are watching these eggs. They were predicted to hatch anytime between the 13th and 16th. I hope the site owner will keep up with the webcam after the babies hatch so we can watch them grow and leave the nest.

***********EDITOR'S NOTE: The website has stopped working for some reason. I'm going to continue to try to view the hummingbird, but right now it keeps sending me to some other site. Sorry if it does that to you, too! I'll update if I can get it to work again

1 comment:

Ali said...

OKay, you have me hooked on this site. It is working and a lizard tried to come attack the nest and then the mama bird took away the one bad egg. This is nuts, but I can't stop watching!