Wednesday, March 24, 2010

St. Pete



Whew. This weekend was the first time I attempted the 5 hour trip to St Pete with the two kids by myself. The trip was surprisingly easy, except for the amount of traffic. Kayleigh is becoming such a big girl that I didn't even put a diaper on her for the ride. Here's a breakdown of our time away:
Saturday: We got to St Pete around 3 PM. Valerie and Matt were there, so we got to hang out with them for awhile before Grandma, Barbara and Jack came over for dinner. Matt was nice enough to take Kayleigh outside to play (and get D-I-R-T-Y!) so that Valerie and I could play our favorite game, Farkle. We had a delicious meal thanks to Mom. After dinner, Kayleigh wanted to go with my mom to take my grandma back to her house. Grandma loved that Kayleigh wanted to go with them AND hold her hand while they walked down the hall to her apartment!!

Sunday: Today was the reason we went to St Pete. We were there to go to Jill's baby shower. She had a really nice shower, and got some great gifts. Poor Jonathan had to watch his kids, plus mine since my dad had to go out of town. Kayleigh loved her time with her cousins, and I don't think she was ready for us to come home.

Monday: Mom had to go to work. :( But, after Kayleigh, Brian and I got up and going, we went to visit Chat, Mia and Nathan while Jonathan worked. The girls had a great time together. We stayed until after Kayleigh should have gone down for a nap, but it was worth it, and Kayleigh took a little bit of a later nap. That may have been a good thing since Mom and I took over her room that night to watch Dancing With The Stars!! My dad and Abuelo came home that evening, and Kayleigh loved hanging out with her abuelo.

Tuesday: We went to see Granny and Aunt Ola this morning. (Erik's side) Kayleigh took a little time warming up to them, but eventually became her usual, bubbly self. Granny made a yummy lunch. I always look forward to that part of the visit! :) After lunch it was nap time for the kids, so we headed back home to my parents' house. Mom got home a few minutes after we did, and after saying hello and goodnight to Kayleigh, Kayleigh took another good nap. When Brian woke up, he discovered his tongue!! It was so funny, and he's hardly had it in his mouth since. That night my parents watched the kids so I could get together with some high school friends. We went to the Cheesecake Factory. I was so excited because 1.) I LOVE cheesecake, and 2.) I've been wanting to go there since my birthday in November! We had a blast hanging out and were there until after 10! Mom and Dad had fun with the kids, and you can see the picture of Kayleigh floating in the tub while with my Mom. My parents were also nice enough to stay up until I got home so I could see them a little longer.

Wednesday: Sad day--it's time to leave. Kayleigh was the most unhappy about this! Mom went to work late so that we could have a few more minutes together. Oh, and so she could make me my favorite breakfast--french toast! YUM! This morning, Brian rolled over by himself from his back to his stomach!! I'd been telling people all weekend that he was almost able to do it, and I couldn't believe it as I watched him make the whole turn! Erik is trying to get him to do it again.

So, we're home now, and I'm happy to be back. I think our next trip is to go see Valerie and Matt at their place and go to the zoo. But, before we go there, I think we will stay in our own beds for a little while.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Glad you guys got home safely. We had fun Tuesday night!!!!!!

Matthew and Valerie said...

I wish we could have stayed longer so I could have gone to dinner with everyone. We had a great visit and Matt loved getting to hang out with Kayleigh. Hopefully she's starting to warm up to him!