Thursday, November 11, 2010

Play date

We went on a play date with some friends today since she had the day off. Last month we were supposed to get together to take the kids to the park, but Valerie went into labor and I had to cancel the plans at the last minute. Today was beautiful, so naturally we were not the only ones with the great idea to go to the park. Thankfully all of the big kids were well behaved and we didn't have any problems. I always get nervous when I see a lot of older kids at the playground because they don't look out for the little ones. The kids had fun running around (those who could!) and Brian hung out and watched from his perch. I was able to get him to slide down a little slide a few times and get him on a swing, but for the most part, Kayleigh was running from place to place too quickly for him to get to sit somewhere and play. Just another reason for him to start walking, I guess.
Speaking of walking, my mom asked me this earlier, and I guess others may have the same question. Brian will pull up and cruise around using a walker, or walk along something, so he's on his way to walking, but he doesn't want to let go even to take a teeny tiny step from one thing to another. This week, Erik and I have started standing him up more and then letting go. He can stand for a couple of seconds before he crumbles to the ground. I know everyone says that they regret wanting their kids to walk, but come one! Brian is 13 months old and he weighs 27 pounds! You lug him around for a day and see if you're not begging for him to walk! :)
Anyway, here are just a couple of pictures from our day:

No comments: