Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears!!!



Oh my! Okay, that's a lie. Out of those three options, we only saw lions today. The circus is back in town, and like LAST YEAR, we went to visit our friend, Erick, and check out the animals. This year, we saw lions, an elephant, a horse and 3 mini horses. Kayleigh loved seeing them, and would roar at the lions, trying to get them to talk back to her.
We were able to get close enough to the horse to pet it's nose. Amy was the first one to take Kayleigh close to the horse, and I was a little surprised when Kayleigh wanted to pet it. Usually she's brave from far away, but will get shy up close. She has said that she wants to pet the horse that lives close to our house, but she hasn't gotten an chance to yet. I think she definitely will now!

Random thoughts:
Kayleigh told me, and later Erick, that her Daddy Jim said, "Don't pet the lions, just wave at them."
The one elephant was out, being taped for the news. I don't think Kayleigh could fully appreciate its size, but she still liked looking at it.

2 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

Did you get video of Kayleigh roaring at the lion this year? When we went to see the cows Kayleigh would say "Don't moo at me cow!"

Loving Mommyhood said...

Jack told me he is jealous...and Craig too.