Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cooking with Mommy



Kayleigh got a cute apron set from a friend of ours, and I thought last night would be a good night to break it in. Erik and I were having our friends Erick and Amy over for dinner, and I wanted to make cornbread muffins. She put on her apron and held her oven mitt and stood for a picture. Then, I got her up on the kitchen counter and she helped me pour the cornbread mix into a bowl. She helped me pour the milk into the bowl, and amazingly it all got in there! I thought with the way she dumped the measuring cup over that it would be a mess for sure! She couldn't stir the mixture, so she let me do that. I think she really wanted to use her oven mitt, but the fact that she's not even long enough to reach into the oven in the first place was a big clue that she's not old enough to be around the hot stuff! She'll just have to wait a few more years for that next step in helping me in the kitchen. For now, she'll have to be content to use the oven in her own kitchen!

4 comments:

Loving Mommyhood said...

Next time I need help, I am calling Kayleigh. What a helper?!

Matthew and Valerie said...

So very cute! You could get matching mother/daughter aprons! :)

Anonymous said...

I need to find the picture of you sitting on the kitchen counter "helping" me make choc chip cookies.

Kelli said...

Too cute. I love the pic of Kayleigh smiling with the muffin tin at her side. Precious. I love this age when they're so 'into' baking and creating with Mommy. Can you believe that Kayleigh and Lincoln are going to be THREE in 6 months? Well, 5 months for Kayleigh. Seems like we just had these little guys. =)