Wednesday, October 13, 2010

12 month check up

Brian had his 12 month appointment today and it went well. He's 26.6 pounds, putting him at the 90th percentile for weight. I'm glad that he's gained a couple of pounds because he was 24 pounds at 6 months! He's also 31 inches tall, which is the 80th percentile for height. It looks like he's going to be tall like his Daddy! Thank goodness because I do NOT want him to be short like me!
On the plus side, Briand didn't get any immunizations today. On the down side, it's because he has an ear infection. He got a cold this last weekend, and the doctor thinks that the ear infection is a result of that. He'll go back to the doctor in 3 weeks to make sure the medicine worked on his little ear, and if it's all cleared up, he'll get his shots that day. Hopefully this will be a quick fix, unlike Kayleigh who suffered from ear infections for months when she was a baby.
Jenna and I took the kids to a state park to watch the Monarch butterfly migration today. We must have really worn them out because it's almost 5:00 PM and both of my kids are still asleep!!! Ahhh!!! Enjoy the quiet! :)
P.S. I just checked Kayleigh's growth chart to see when she measured 31 inches. I didn't have any on that in mark, but she was 32 inches at TWO YEARS OLD!!! Brian is almost a whole year ahead of her!

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm glad he had a good check up. Too bad he has an ear infection, though. Did you schedule his next appointment on Erik's Friday off so he can take Brian to get his shots?