Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Meet Geoffrey



We would like to welcome Geoffrey the Giraffe into our ever growing family. Erik and Kayleigh got him tonight at Toys R Us. I've been wanting to get Brian a giraffe for his monthly pictures, and found him on Toys R Us' website today, so I sent Erik and Kayleigh to the store for him. We think that he and Mumble will get along well, and we envision them in many pictures together. As soon as Brian wakes up, they'll get their first picture taken.

Speaking of pictures--I got my new SLR digital camera today!! Erik and I ordered it from Amazon.com this weekend, and I was so excited when I saw the UPS truck on our street today. I had been checking the tracking and knew it was on the delivery truck at 6:30 this morning. When I saw the UPS truck, I couldn't wait for it to come to the house. The driver stopped at the house next door and delivered a package across the street (I want to know what it is, Jenna!), and then the man got in the car and started down the road. My heart sank to my feet when the truck didn't stop in front of my house! I was so relieved when I saw the reverse lights and the man climbing into the back of the truck to get my box. Whew! I don't know how those men keep up with where they need to stop, but I'm glad I wasn't forgotten today!

2 comments:

Loving Mommyhood said...

Yay, Mumble has a friend. Didn't you love the new and improved Toys R Us/Babies R Us - awesome. Unfortunately, the package for me was a bunch of plain t-shirts I ordered; very unexciting. I am glad you got your camera. Can't wait to see some new pics on it! We should take a photography class together! That would be fun!

Matthew and Valerie said...

Welcome to the family Geoffrey! I love all of the pictures with Kayleigh and Mumble, so I'm glad Brian finally has a photo friend.