Thursday, November 12, 2009

One month appointment



It's funny because this is really a 6 week appointment for Brian, not a one month visit. He had a good visit with the doctor. What I was most surprised to hear this morning was that Brian weighs 14 1/2 pounds!!! Whew! I knew he was chunky, but I had NO idea he would be that big! I forget what his head circumference is, and they said that he's 21 inches long, but I want to check that again. I think he's a little longer than that. If you remember from the last appointment, the nurses aren't so good at measuring babies.
Since Brian is really in between his one month and two month visit, the doctor said that we could go ahead and give him his shots today and then skip the two month visit. I thought it would be better to do it today and not have to go back in a couple of weeks. Plus, I wasn't worried about it all morning, so it was easier on me! Brian did really well, and I think Kayleigh might have cried more than he did. I talked to her about Brian getting the shots, and she was okay with it until the nurse came in with the needles. Then she started saying, "I don't want him to get a shot!"
The doctor does want me to bring Brian to the office in 4 weeks or so to check his length and weight. Since it'll be so long between visits, he wants to do this quick check to make sure he's growing properly. Really, I think I'll just be able to pop in, have him checked and then leave, no big deal.
Tomorrow we leave for a weekend in St. Augustine for Valerie's and my first 30th birthday vacation. Jim and Shirley got us a condo at the World Golf Village for the weekend. They are also coming along as babysitters. Just kidding--sort of! They said that they would watch the kids while we have a birthday dinner Saturday night. They also have friends that are staying with them, so I don't think they want to be on baby patrol the whole weekend. The guys are going to play golf on Saturday, and Valerie and I are going to look for birthday outfits for our dinner. I'd like to go around St. Augustine for a little while if we can work it into our plans. I really like the city and with the weather being as nice as it is, it'll be fun to be outside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your "first" 30th b'day celebration. How many do you think you can fit into one weekend? Have fun.

Ali said...

He's growing so fast and is such a cutie! Happy early birthday to you and Valerie! 30 isn't bad, I promise!

Loving Mommyhood said...

Have fun this weekend! Buy lots of cute stuff.

Amanda said...

Holy cow, he is a chunk! When Trig went for his two month check up he was 9 weeks, 12.1 lbs, and 23.5 in.