Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday



Am I the only one who can't believe that it's Thursday already?? Where has the week gone? I figured I should post some more pictures so people can see how much Brian is changing. Really, how much can a baby change in a week??? Not much, in my humble opinion. Today is also his due date, so what better day to post?
Erik and I took Brian to the doctor yesterday to be checked out by his pediatrician. He just did a once over, weighed him and took his length and head circumference. Actually, the nurse that I don't like (the only one at the doctor's office) did the weighing, and other measurements. Brian weighed 9 lbs, 1 oz. I finally got my 9 pound baby!! The nurse also tried to tell us that Brian is 21 7/8 inches long. Erik and I both noticed that she started her measurement at the 1 inch mark, rather than the beginning of the tape measure. After she left the room, Erik re-measured, and not surprisingly, it came out to 20 7/8 inches! We go back sometime in November for his 1 month check up.
Overall, I'm feeling really good. My stomach hardly hurts at all, and I've stopped taking my pain medicine. I know I'm doing better with this recovery than with Kayleigh's since I won't have to refill my medicine like I did with her.

3 comments:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay for feeling better! That's great, Lisa! The new pics are cute.

Jenna said...

I am hoping that "sleepy baby" picture was at night.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That's a great picture of you all giving Brian his bath. Good thing your photographer/babysitter/maid/personal shopper is still there to take your picture.