Friday, October 30, 2009

One month pictures



Here are some pictures of Brian and Mumble. I'd like to do growth pictures with him and an animal or something like we did with Kayleigh, and since he doesn't have a big stuffed animal like Mumble, I think we'll just take pictures of the two of them. I put the picture of Kayleigh and Mumble when she was a month old. It seems to me that Brian is much bigger--more like Kayleigh when she was two months old.

I might seem unbelievable, but I promise Brian is going to be holding his head up on his own soon. He can hold it up and keep it still for a little bit at a time. I'll have to get another video when I'm holding him so you can see what I mean. His chin doesn't immediately flop to his chest, nor does his head fall backward right away.

Yes, this month has gone by quickly. Has it been easier than with Kayleigh? I can't tell. I am able to put him down more, and don't feel like I can't do anything when he's awake. I remember with Kayleigh I was nervous to even give myself time in the bathroom because I feared she would start crying. While Brian doesn't like to be in his chair or even the swing for long periods of time, at least I'll let him stay there until I have free hands to pick him up again. I am surprised that I am able to keep up with Kayleigh and a newborn. Thankfully, they are both taking afternoon naps at the same time. I've had to adjust Kayleigh's nap time to allow for this, but I need it for my sanity as well.

Kayleigh made me laugh for a couple of reasons. 1.) She saw Mumble on the blanket on the floor and wrapped him up like her baby. 2.) She heard Erik say that he left his food at work today. Later, while she was playing with Mumble, she started saying that she left her food at school today! I'm not kidding when I say you need to watch what you say around this girl. She hears EVERYTHING, and will repeat it!

This isn't a super exciting video, but it's for those of you who want to see more than just pictures of Brian.

2 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

When did Mumble get so big? Brian definitely looks bigger than Kayleigh was at that age.

Kayleigh's such a cutie. I can't wait to see them soon!

Loving Mommyhood said...

I am telling you, he will weigh more than Kate at his appointment. She goes Thursday and I will let you know. I say he at least 11 lbs. if not more. I want to take a picture of Kate and Brian next to each other and we will see how big he is! But, he is a cutie...Oh, and sorry my son destroyed your pumpkins. We are working on not reaking havoc at other peoples' homes.