Friday, October 23, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch and more










First, we were brought dinner last night from a couple in our Sunday School class. (Random side note: the church now calls it Sunday Morning Bible Study, but I don't think I can bring myself to say that! It's Sunday School, people!) Anyway, the wife made an awesome cake for Brian. Too bad he slept through the visit and the eating of it...Kayleigh kept calling it birthday cake, and I promise you said, "Daddy's looking for candles in the kitchen!" Since she was so adamant about it, I put a candle in the cake and we sang Happy Birthday to Brian. Then, the three of us enjoyed his cake. It was delicious, although the fondant was a little too sweet for me. I must be getting old, because I never used to say things like that!

I finally found a double stroller on Craigslist that wasn't too expensive. I didn't want to buy a new one, because usually used is just as good, and I don't know how much we'll use it. The man that I bought it from actually delivered it to the house last night! He was going to come this morning, but I'm fairly certain he knew how dirty the stroller was and didn't want to clean it, so came when the light wasn't so good. Erik and I took it apart last night and washed everything we could. It smelled like gasoline--yuck! I wiped down the frame, and I think once it's all put back together it'll be as good as new.



Today is Erik's day off, so we made plans to go to the pumpkin patch that one of the churches close by hosts every year. The money from sales goes toward their missions fund, so we figure it's a great place to spend money. Kayleigh has a cute fall dress that I thought would be perfect for the pumpkin patch, and my friend, Jenna, bought a Halloween outfit for Brian. Once again, Brian slept through the excitement, but Kayleigh was nice enough to stay awake and let us take some pictures of her. I think she was annoyed with me because I kept telling her to look at the camera instead of away from me! (If I had an SLR camera, I'm sure I could have gotten better shots! Hint! Hint!) We have to work on getting her to give a nice smile and look at the camera at the same time. Maybe next year...Either way, it was fun to get out there. We bought two pumpkins for Erik to carve this year. Hopefully they won't rot in the garage like the one did last year. I'll post pictures when he's done. He bought a book this year of patterns that have a front and back, so you'll see the front of the pumpkin like you normally would, and then the back is carved out, too, so it'll cast a shadow on the wall. Cross your fingers that it'll work!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake looks so yummy and I am sure it tasted good. The pumpkin patch pictures are so cute. Kayleigh looks like she had a blast. I love the one of Erik and Kayleigh in the wooden pumpkin carriage.

Matthew and Valerie said...

Kayleigh's dress is so cute! It looks like Brian had a great first trip to the pumpkin patch. :) I love the last picture of Kayleigh and Erik. It cracks me up!

Kelli said...

What can I say? You have a gorgeous family Lisa. =) Love the picture with the two kiddos.

Ali said...

Love the pumpkin patch pics. The kiddos are adorable and Kayleigh looks like such a proud big sister.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

CUTE cake and I love Kayleigh's dress! Reminds me of when we took the girls when Tay was a newborn.

Kelli said...

You're tagged on my blog. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!!!