Friday, October 2, 2009

Update

We're still here at the hospital, although Erik was able to go home last night and post the pictures that are up. Brian's blood sugar regulated itself during the night. The poor baby was poked more times than I can count as the nurse checked his levels.
Yesterday was a nice and quiet day. We had just a couple of visitors besides family. We slept better last night, although it will be nice when we're not forced awake by nurses coming to check on us.
We are still waiting for the doctor to come and do Brian's circumcision. The nurse told us a little while ago that he is ready to be discharged. I'll just need a doctor to discharge me and we should be ready to go home this afternoon or evening. I said that pizza really sounds good for dinner tonight. Hospital food is okay, but it's not the good greasy stuff you can get from a pizza! :)
I feel great today! The only pain I have is when I get up or down. Getting out of the bed is the hardest thing to do, but once I'm up or down I don't feel any pain.
Kayleigh still loves her baby brother and wants to hold him while she's here. I think she's going to be surprised when he actually comes home with us. She's been to so many doctor's appointments with me and knows that she would see or hear him there, but then she got to go back home and be an only child again.
We'll let you know how it's going once we get home.

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

Love all the pictures! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!