Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We did it!

Yesterday was my first day home alone with our two kids. I was definitely nervous about what the day would be like, but it went by quickly, and without many problems. think the hardest part is trying to feed Brian and give him what he needs as well as pay attention to Kayleigh and meet her needs at the same time. Luckily, she is so easy going, so we managed just fine. We even tried to go on a little walk yesterday, but it started to rain on us, so we had to come back to the house. We'll try again today if the weather will hold up for us. Sometimes I feel bad that Kayleigh is stuck at the house all the time, but I'm not ready to take the two of them out by myself just yet.


Little Mommy feeding her baby using the Boppy and Udder Cover!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Just be prepared if you go out with the 2 to add 30 minutes beforehand for the 10 times you will have to go back into the house because you forgot 10 different things! It is fun, though.

Ali said...

Yeah! So glad things are going well. It gets a little easier, I promise.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

yay! I was thinking about y'all yesterday and wondering how it was going. Glad it went well!

Matthew and Valerie said...

That is such a cute picture of Kayleigh!

Kelli said...

Aw. Hang in there Lisa. I felt the SAME way. I actually cried one day I felt so bad that Avonlea didn't have anyone to play with, but I have to say that one of the positives of having your children close together in age is that in a year or two, they'll be best friends and will play with each other non-stop, giving you a break during the day. Kayleigh won't remember that for a week she had to stay in the house, but she will be grateful that you and Erik had a brother for her to grow up with.

I love how she's feeding her dolly. One thing I never invested in was nursing shirts. I have found a bunch at a kid's consignment shop and love 'em. They're great.

Hang in there and enjoy this time with your precious little ones. =)