Sunday, November 22, 2009

St. Pete weekend



Kayleigh has been asking to go to Grandma and Abuelo's house for some time now, so we decided to take a long weekend and head down to visit the fam. We left early Friday morning and made it to see Erik's Granny and Aunt Ola after lunch. Kayleigh was so good while we were there. As always, it took her some time to warm up, but once she got going, she was making us all laugh!
After a nice visit with Granny and Aunt Ola, we went over to my parents house to get settled there. When Brian saw my mom, he gave her a big smile! Go figure I was holding him, so didn't get to see it, but everyone else did. Of course, I can't get him to smile for me (although Jenna and I saw one once before). Hopefully he'll start doing it more consistently soon. We were there for a couple of hours before getting ready to go to dinner with even more family! We went to Sam Seltzer's Steakhouse to celebrate my cousins' 10th wedding anniversary. (Congrats again, Scott and April!)
On Saturday morning, Mom and I took the kids to visit my Grandma while Erik helped Dad finish some things in the kitchen that my parents just had remodeled. Once again, Kayleigh was on her best behavior and enjoyed her time with her Nana. After nap time that day, we took Kayleigh to meet up with Jonathan, Chat, Mia and Nathan at Chuck E. Cheese's for some fun. It was very crowded with birthday parties, and I'm certain the kids could have stayed there all night, but we had a schedule to keep. We were there for about an hour and a half before leaving to meet up with Mom and Dad for dinner.
We stayed through lunch with my parents today. We missed the traffic for the Bucs' game, but did get into some rain. It wasn't too bad, and we're safe at home!
The weekends we spend in St Pete always go too quickly, but it was good for me to get my "family fix" for a few more weeks. Kayleigh can't wait until Christmas when she gets to see everyone again!

2 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I love the pictures and of course I wish I was down there with everyone. Christmas is going to be so much fun this year!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures. See you next month! We promise Erik won't have to work as hard then. :)