Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in St. Petersburg

I don't even know where to begin with my stories. Kayleigh had a BLAST with her cousins! She loves to run around and play with them. Robyn got Brian to laugh for the first time on Christmas Eve. That was awesome. It's a funny little laugh, but it was so neat to hear it. You know it just made my heart swell. I think Brian is turning into a ladies' man, smiling and cooing for them. I guess I'll break down the trip by days.
Thursday--I think I posted that we surprised Mom and Dad Wednesday night, so we were there first thing Thursday morning. Nick, Robyn and Taylor were staying there, so the girls were able to play together. That evening Jonathan and family along with Valerie and Matt came over for dinner. We had a Cuban dinner with roasted pork, black beans and rice, and fried plantains. Yum! Again, the girls were running around with each other and wore themselves out. You can see in one of the pictures that they got into Taylor's crib and tried to see how high they could jump. Mia was the definite winner in that contest! She's a good jumper!
Friday--Christmas morning. Jonathan, Chat and kids came over after they opened their family gifts. The morning wasn't as crazy as I had envisioned. It was chaotic, but fun. That afternoon, the extended family came over for dinner. I think with kids, there were 23 of us at Mom and Dad's house! Whew! Again, it was chaotic but fun.
Saturday--Erik took the kids to visit his Granny and Aunt Ola. I didn't know they were having a party over there, so I stayed home to have some sister time with Valerie while Matt was with his mom. Valerie and Matt, Nick, Robyn and Taylor all left that day. It was a quiet afternoon with naps and a walk. That evening, Jonathan, Chat and kids came over for leftovers and more play time. Chat and I snuck out of the house and did a little bit of post-Christmas shopping.
Sunday--back home for us. The traffic wasn't too bad, but we took our time getting home. We are all tired and happy to be back in our own beds.

Here is my longest slide show yet!

3 comments:

Loving Mommyhood said...

I am glad y'all had such a great Christmas. I love the one with all of them on their riding toys. You got some great pictures and I am sure your parents loved the ones of you the 4 kids.

Matthew and Valerie said...

So much fun! I still can't believe that the crib didn't break with all of the kids jumping in it!

Ali said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!