Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Whoa!

I took Brian to the doctor's office today to have him weighed and measured. As you might remember, the doctor asked me to bring Brian in about a month from his last appointment so that they could make sure he's growing and healthy. Well, I would say that he's both! We had a third nurse measure him today, and Erik and I are convinced that they all need to go back to measuring school! When the nurse measured Brian, she got 23 inches. When we measured him again tonight, we got 24 1/2 inches, putting him in the 83rd percentile for length.
The nurse, Kayleigh and I took Brian back to the scale to get him weighed. Thankfully, the nurse let me keep his diaper on him until we got to the scale. One of the other nurses asked me to take his diaper off immediately, which is just crazy! Anyway, we know Brian's weight without any fluids in him. How?? Because after he got his diaper off, he made a pretty fountain! One nurse was close to the scale and whistled her appreciation. Anyway, after relieving himself, Brian weighed in at EIGHTEEN pounds and twelve ounces!!! Oh. My. Gosh!!!
P.S. That puts him in the 100th percentile for weight according to one website!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are slipping cereal in with your milk in the bottles!!! How much did Erik weigh at this age? That is one BIG boy.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yep, I'd say he's growing! Can't wait to meet him!