Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

We had a really nice Easter this year. Kayleigh and Brian got their Easter baskets this morning before we went to church. We had Kayleigh in our room and wanted her to stay there and wait for her basket. She was so excited and kept trying to sneak out to get it instead of wait! Tracy sat right next to her and wanted to see everything, too. After going through her basket, Kayleigh showed Brian what was in his. We decided not to give the kids candy because 1.) Brian can't eat it and 2.) Kayleigh doesn't need it. Of course, neither do Erik nor I, and we would be tempted to help ourselves to their candy! :) In the last 2 years I had put candy in Kayleigh's basket, but it was really just for show--I ate it all! She hadn't learned the joys of candy yet.
Kayleigh got new jammies, a book, new little bottles for her dolls, and some bathtub crayons. She got to play with bathtub crayons at Grandma and Abuelo's house and really liked them, so I thought that would be a good gift. Brian got a bunch of new bibs (exciting, I know), jammies and 3 books.
We went to church this morning and then over to Jim and Shirley's house for lunch. Shirley had a delicious ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, brussel sprouts, carrots and rolls. I brought over a cheesecake and a jello pie that hadn't set enough, so it was kind of a mess. It was still good, though, if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're smart not to start them on Easter candy. I'd buy for you 4 and then have to eat it all myself!!! Wait a minute - was that a bad thing??

Kelli said...

Love all your pictures and updates. What a good mommy. :) I can't believe how big Brian is getting. They are looking more and more alike each day. You're brave for watching your "little extra". I'm excited about being officially done with our "little extra" soon. It's hard work, but a blessing.

Glad you guys had a Happy Easter.