Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter party



The church had a little Easter party today for the kids. It started in the gym where they had a bunch of different crafts for the kids to do. Unfortunately, most of the crafts are a little too advanced for our little Kayleigh and Brian. Fortunately, one of the crafts included food, so Erik and I were able to enjoy that! :) They had an Easter bunny there, but Kayleigh didn't want to get too close to him! She's so funny, because--like a lot of men in her life--Kayleigh wanted to see him from afar, and would even talk about him, but did NOT want to get too close!
After running around the gym and avoiding the Easter bunny, we heard an Easter message from our pastor, and then we went outside for the egg hunt. The church divides different areas up according to age. We followed the 2 and 3 year olds to the playground to collect eggs. I was holding Kayleigh's hand and had the great idea of going to the back of the playground while the other kids stayed up front. Kayleigh said something while we were collecting the eggs that made my heart swell with pride. While we were collecting eggs (and NOT taking pictures--sorry!) she said, "I'm going to leave some for the other kids." I PROMISE those words came out of our daughter's mouth! So, when the eggs were all collected and I knew that other kids had lots of more eggs than Kayleigh, I didn't mind. I knew that she got the ones that she wanted and could have collected more.

1 comment:

Loving Mommyhood said...

First, Kayleigh is such a sweetie to say that about the eggs.

Second, if the Easter bunny had worms, then maybe they could have been friends. Not, like heartworms, but like Craig had the worms - you know what I mean!