Wednesday, June 30, 2010

9 months old

Wow! Brian is 9 months old today, and I've already taken his picture with Geoffery the Giraffe. I'm pretty good! A few things Brian has done this month are:
--Babbling. Brian is starting to do a lot of it this month. Of course, when he's happy he makes "da da" sounds. When he's upset he says, "ma ma".
--He will sometimes give a high five or try to wave. He doesn't have either one down to perfection.
--He can play peek-a-boo with you now, and will move the cover from in front of him.
--He has 6 teeth!
--I took him for a weight and length check at the doctor's office. (It's all the doctor wanted instead of a well check up.) Brian is 29 inches long and 23 pounds, which is actually a pound less than he weighed at 7 months. The nurse said it's okay since he is moving around more and still eating.
--He is still working on getting over his thighs to crawl, but he's working on it. We've made more of an effort lately to get him on the floor and put things out of reach so he has to grab for them. It's amazing how he can move around the room without crawling! If he falls over from a sitting position, he will roll to wherever he wants to go. I don't remember Kayleigh doing this as much. But, Brian will also scoot himself in a sitting position, too. I'm not sure how he does it, but he does! It's funny when he's sitting right next to me, and then all of a sudden he's 5 feet away.

Enjoy the pictures. I thought they were all pretty cute, so I had to put them all up for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that really Brian????? He looks so different than when we last saw him. Whatta cutie.

Matthew and Valerie said...

They are all cute pictures! I love the ones of Brian putting his arm around Geoffrey.