Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beach

I brought the kids over to Jacksonville for a couple of days to see Aunt Val and Tio Teo. Kayleigh has wanted to go to the beach, and I think it's because her friend Jack is on a beach vacation right now, too. We had a great time at the beach. It worked out because there was a HUGE tidal pool that Kayleigh could play in. She hasn't been fond of the waves, so that gave her a perfect opportunity to play in salt water without getting splashed in the face. I took Brian over to the water for him to splash and kick for a little bit. The poor boy had fun, but then really wanted a nap, so we sat on the blanket under our umbrella.
There were lots of little fish in there that would nibble at our legs, which freaked me out a little bit. Some of them really got rough! We tried to catch them, but they were too fast.
While I was with Brian, Kayleigh and Valerie continued to play in the tidal pool. They found shells, which Kayleigh called "sheets". She said "shells" was hard to say. I finally had to convince Valerie to hold Brian for awhile so I could go have some fun with Kayleigh! We went down to the shore, just to where the last of the waves could come over our legs. I wanted to look for coquinas (is that spelled right?), but I didn't find any. I forgot how pretty their shells are! We did find some kind of snail and watched him bury himself in the sand.
When I thought Brian couldn't take being at the beach any longer, I told Kayleigh it was time to go. When we got in the car and looked at the time, we had been there for 3 hours! Whew! Needless to say, the kids conked out and Valerie and I didn't even stay up as long as usual. I'm up because I had to feed Brian a little while ago and should probably go back to sleep. It's hard to get computer time with Valerie and Kayleigh to share with!
We are going to Valerie's friend's community pool this morning, and then hang out before heading home on Thursday. Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you of the beach. We both forgot our cameras. Here is one of the kids wrapped up in their towels after their bath. I was trying to just get Brian because he looked so cute when I set him down, but Kayleigh can't resist the camera and wanted in too. Who was I to say no???

3 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

They are cute in our towels!!

Loving Mommyhood said...

Jack wasn't too fond of the waves either. They really look like brother and sister in the towels - very much alike.

Kelli said...

Just want to squeeze those cheeks!!! So cute. :)