Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pony rides and ChickFilA


This morning we went to a consignment shop that was having pony rides, sno cones, and Elmo and princesses. Kayleigh was not happy about the ponies at first, and was TOTALLY freaked out by Elmo! Erik tried to get Kayleigh on a horse 3 times before giving up and putting her in the car to go to lunch. Of course, when she was in the car, she started to cry and say that she wanted to ride the horse. We went to try ONE MORE TIME, and this time she went for a ride. She then wanted to go again, and again, and again. I think she rode 3 times before we said it was time to go. It was perfect timing, too, because minutes after we left it started to pour down rain!
We went to ChickFilA for our free spicy chicken sandwiches. They were yummy! The only thing I didn't like was when they made us pay extra for the cheese, lettuce and tomato. The guy asked, and I quote, "Do you want lettuce, tomato and cheese on it?" Did I quote him saying that we would have to pay extra?? NO, because he didn't say it! I guess I ate everything but the tomato, and Kayleigh got to eat it instead.
As always, Brian was with us, but he's still too young to enjoy this madness. I can't wait for him to get in on the action! I think Kayleigh will like to have a partner in crime as well! :)

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I wonder how many times Kayleigh would have gotten to ride the pony if you got in the car after the first try? It's funny how quickly kids change their minds. I'm glad she finally got up on the pony, though. Maybe it'll be easier to get her to do it next time!