Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kayleigh is THREE!!

It has been a great day for Kayleigh. We got her up and let her open her present from Mia and Nathan before going to church, as well as her birthday cards from my parents, Valerie and Matt, and Granny. She wore her cute "Birthday Girl" t-shirt from Jenna to church, and I sent some cookies with her to celebrate with her friends. After eating lunch, she opened the rest of the presents from us and then pretended to take nap. :) When she was calling for us to take her to the bathroom at 3:30, we knew that she would be up for the rest of the day.
The Eikeland and Spickard families came over for dinner tonight. We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken. The hamburgers were WalMart brand, and I don't think I would recommend them. Sorry to our guinea pigs! Kayleigh couldn't wait to open her gifts, and kept trying to get to them before it was time. Once again, she made out like a bandit! Everyone is so good at buying gifts! I do think it's fun for the Eikelands to buy for her because she's the only girl on that side of the family.
Kayleigh didn't take a nap today and didn't get into bed until 9:45, so hopefully she will sleep in tomorrow! Maybe her sleepiness will rub off on Brian...a mom can hope, can't she???



And, of course, the Mumble picture:

2 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I missed the Mumble picture because I was too busy looking at the slide show. I know Kayleigh loved getting all of the attention on her big day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kayleigh.
"Aunt" Anne