Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Story time!



I am saying that for two reasons: 1.) Kayleigh went to Story Time at the library, and 2.) I have some good stories to tell about her today.
On to the stories!
--This morning Kayleigh said to Brian, "I have lots of plans for things I'm going to do with you when you get bigger." It sounds sinister in print, but she was saying it very happily. She wants to brush his teeth, teach him how to walk and several other things.
--Today is the day that we go to Story Time. Kayleigh was very excited about going because her birthday is Sunday (what?!) and that means that they will sing "Happy Birthday" to her. She has been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks now.
--On the way to the library, I started to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. She said, "You can't sing that now!" Later she changed her mind and said, "We can practice." So we sang her song!
--At the library she told the leader that her birthday was coming up and he gave her a special birthday sticker to wear. When it was time for everyone to sing, she was singing along saying, "Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me!" and pointing to herself. What a ham! People were cracking up!
--She got 3 stickers at the library, which is extra fun. Usually she gets two because she gets one at the end of Story Time and one from the ladies at the front desk when I check out books. The third one today was the birthday one, in case you forgot already.
--I was trying to take Kayleigh's picture with all of her stickers before we went outside to play with Jack this afternoon. She didn't like all of the pictures and said, "You can't take so many pictures of me!"
--This didn't happen today, but it's a Kayleigh story, so I'll go ahead and tell it. On Sunday we went out to eat. Our (hers and my) new thing is letting her try to do all of her buckles of her carseat on her own. I've told her that she can have 3 minutes to try to get herself buckled before I come back and help. Usually it's plenty of time, which was the problem on Sunday. Erik thought it was too much waiting and was trying to hurry her up. She said to me, "Mom, you need to sing him the patience song." LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I always thought I had all her attention when I was talking on the phone to her!! Those are funny stories and sound just like her. :) She is too sweet.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I love that she knows the patience song!! I wish you took your camera to story time so you could have her on tape singing to herself. There's always next year! :)