Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day fun

We had a fun day at home and at our friends' house today. We started out playing with Kayleigh's new toys. Erik bought a bike trailer for himself and took Kayleigh and Brian on some rides around the neighborhood. Kayleigh got a plane launcher that is like her friend Jack's. We played with it outside and I successfully launched it onto our roof. Luckily, Erik was home today and could climb up and get it for me. She got a bubble blowing lawn mower, and she followed Erik around while he mowed out front. I took a bunch of pictures of it, but of course Erik didn't take any pictures of me mowing the lawn for my first time EVER.
When we came inside before lunch, we played "Old Maid" and "Go Fish" that she got from Jim and Shirley. After lunch was nap time, but after nap time it was time to go to the Giunipero's house for dinner and swimming! Emma used to teach swimming lessons and wants to help Kayleigh learn to swim. Kayleigh LOVED swimming with Emma. She isn't ready to swim on her own, but she was getting better at putting her face in the water. Brian, on the other hand, will NOT be his generation's Michael Phelps! This was his second time in the water, and it was his second time crying hysterically to get out. Since I can't torture him like that, we let him hang out on the deck with the big boys.
Kayleigh also had a good time with the Giuniperos' new dog, Scout. He is a tiny Yorkie puppy, and I think he likes Kayleigh because she's not huge like all of us adults that were there. He would follow her outside, and she went out with him each time that he left to try to go potty in the yard.
In case you can't tell, today was a great day. We are all exhausted, and unfortunately although it's almost 9:30, Kayleigh is just going down to bed. It's another late night for her, but we can take it easy for a few days this week. Tomorrow I want to get her signed up for dance lessons, and Wednesday is Story Time at the library, and Emma wants to try to get Kayleigh in the pool again for another lesson. I'm not sure what we'll do Thursday, but Erik is off on Friday, so we'll do more fun stuff with him. We are definitely getting spoiled with our extra Daddy time this week.
I have a lot of pictures in the slideshow today, but I took a ton, so I promise this is just a taste. :)

2 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you guys had a fun Memorial day. I let Matt relax since he has been working in the yard for days.

Unknown said...

I did see you mowing the lawn, so there is proof. Craig wanted me to watch and get some tips. Jack is up for a bike ride anytime Erik wants to take he and Kayleigh.

Also, I thought on the photo where it says, "popping a bubble", I thought it said, "pooping a bubble". Now that would be a cool trick!